Wednesday, October 21, 2015

First Trimester Essentials

Ahhhh, the first trimester of pregnancy... not the most glamorous but still a beautiful thing our bodies can do! From about week 6 until week 12, I was brutally nauseas... and when they say "morning sickness" they really mean ALL DAY sickness. While I didn't vomit every single day (TMI) I did feel down right awful all day. Sick, bloated, lethargic, etc. The good news is, it passes! By week 14 I was feeling back to my energetic self and had officially broken ties with my barf bag! PHEW.

After the first two weeks of feeling cruddy I was pretty good at being able to subside the sickness with a few tips and tricks! You'll try anything after feeling sick 24 hours a day!

Pictured above were my absolute essentials. And can I say that some mysterious great goddess created ginger tea because it was truly a lifesaver! My sickness was the worst in the mornings and at night, so the first thing I would do each morning is make myself a cup of ginger tea, wait for my stomach to settle a little and then eat some toast (carbs were essential in subsiding my morning sickness). Same routine before I went to bed! Worked like a charm!

I like to journal my thoughts. being a slightly anxious person it helps me get all my thoughts and ideas out there and allows my mind some peace so I bought a special journal to write about baby and to baby! I find it to be very relaxing.

Also, getting dressed up didn't really happen very often during those 12 weeks due to the bloating which had my regular jeans feeling a little too snug! Enter, Beyond Yoga leggings. Again, lifesaver. Now, they aren't maternity leggings but they do give me that extra give I need to feel comfortable! I'm basically living in them.

I heard a lot of hype about this "pregnancy pillow" and didn't really give it much of a thought but being bloated made it uncomfortable to sleep in my stomach anymore so I broke down and bought mine off of Amazon and I must say, the hype is too. It's the right amount of soft and firm and you can lay on it a bunch of different ways and it's very comfortable. I HIGHLY recommend it! You don't even have to be pregnant to use it! I think it's a great pillow for anyone who just needs a little extra support.

Anyways, I hope my experience, tips and tricks will help some of you other pregnant mamas trying to make it through the first trimester! Just know, it will pass! And it is a wonderful thing our bodies can do for our little ones.

xoxo

K
First Trimester Essentials


No comments:

Post a Comment